SCOut House

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac XT5, Ford Mustang Mach-E GT, VW Jetta
Country flag
I expect that will be configurable by the driver. If I prefer to keep the battery charged and therefore run the engine before it reaches 150 miles, I should be able to select when the engine turns on. Many plug-in hybrids have that capability. So they say.

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
I expect that will be configurable by the driver. If I prefer to keep the battery charged and therefore run the engine before it reaches 150 miles, I should be able to select when the engine turns on. Many plug-in hybrids have that capability. So they say.
That is the 500 mile Question!

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
Didn't see this stat being talked about but Scout confirmed to The Autopian publication that the Harvester gas engine range extender will start charging the battery after about 100-150 miles of driving EV mode only.
And . . .?

popo_patty

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco, 22 Mini Jeep, 59 Willys FC-150, 96 Jeep XJ
Country flag
I want to be able to turn it on like a generator while the car is parked overnight to recharge while off-roading. That would be legit. Bonus points if it’s quiet like the predator generators

commadorebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Country flag
Didn't see this stat being talked about but Scout confirmed to The Autopian publication that the Harvester gas engine range extender will start charging the battery after about 100-150 miles of driving EV mode only.
I feel that's a fair distance. For most people, they'll never use gas for 90% of their driving.

WrekEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, Rivian R1S
I wonder if they will let you change the configuration. I picked EV only but this option depending on how it works, cost, maintenance is intriguing.

85crawlrunner

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Wildtrak
Country flag
I agree, charging while parked would be fantastic. I’m sure though that it would require sensing if it’s safe to operate like being outside and with clearance etc and should have to be manually activated with automatic safety shut off features.

For road trips allowing it to charge when you would like would really help downtime and the only thing that keeps me from taking my Rivian on many road trips at all.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hope there's an option. To not use it unless needed.

The Volt would use it to keep fluids moved at random times as well.

350 miles EV only still sounds like a great option without the complexity of a series hybrid system.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Country flag
I wonder if they will let you change the configuration. I picked EV only but this option depending on how it works, cost, maintenance is intriguing.
You can update your reservation on the website. From truck to SUV, or harvester or not. I added the Harvester after the original reservation but it's so early I need to understand more about how it works before I really make up my mind.