Golfguy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK
Country flag
Didn't see this stat being talked about but Scout confirmed to The Autopian publication that the Harvester gas engine range extender will start charging the battery after about 100-150 miles of driving EV mode only.

SCOut House

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac XT5, Ford Mustang Mach-E GT, VW Jetta
Country flag
I expect that will be configurable by the driver. If I prefer to keep the battery charged and therefore run the engine before it reaches 150 miles, I should be able to select when the engine turns on. Many plug-in hybrids have that capability. So they say.

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
I expect that will be configurable by the driver. If I prefer to keep the battery charged and therefore run the engine before it reaches 150 miles, I should be able to select when the engine turns on. Many plug-in hybrids have that capability. So they say.
That is the 500 mile Question!

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
Didn't see this stat being talked about but Scout confirmed to The Autopian publication that the Harvester gas engine range extender will start charging the battery after about 100-150 miles of driving EV mode only.
And . . .?

popo_patty

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco, 22 Mini Jeep, 59 Willys FC-150, 96 Jeep XJ
Country flag
I want to be able to turn it on like a generator while the car is parked overnight to recharge while off-roading. That would be legit. Bonus points if it’s quiet like the predator generators

commadorebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Country flag
I feel that's a fair distance. For most people, they'll never use gas for 90% of their driving.

STRMWZRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Country flag
What is the engine size, generator rating, and fuel capacity?