Pricing difference between EV+Gas (Harvester) vs. Full-EV model?

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Country flag
The Harvester definitely won't be more expensive than the full EV version. They will likely sell it for the same/very similar price to the base EV because of demand and make a better margin on those vehicles than the EV.

It seems likely there will be three battery sizes. One that gives around 350 miles of range, a less expensive (base model) full EV that gets around 250 miles of range, and the Harvester that gets around 150 miles of EV range. If that's the case, the 40% reduction in battery size between the base EV and the Harvester will more than pay for the cost of adding the gas engine system.
Would imagine the REEV would be base battery plus harvester. So 250 battery only. That would be the Goldilocks number for me.

Rouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Would imagine the REEV would be base battery plus harvester. So 250 battery only. That would be the Goldilocks number for me.
I think its been reported from a few different people at the press launch, that the harvester will have about a 150 mile range battery.

Its possible, although I think unlikely, they would have as an option an extended range Harvester with the base EV battery plus the gas engine generator. Although, after doing that the gas tank might be so small that the total range isn't that much more than 500 anyway.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Country flag
I think its been reported from a few different people at the press launch, that the harvester will have about a 150 mile range battery.

Its possible, although I think unlikely, they would have as an option an extended range Harvester with the base EV battery plus the gas engine generator. Although, after doing that the gas tank might be so small that the total range isn't that much more than 500 anyway.
I think youre right. I looked at this article that shows all the REEV vehicles and their ranges. Ramcharger and i3Rex are abnormally high % of electric only. But others are really low. Im glad we can change our reservation! I may be more BEV than I thought.

https://www.topspeed.com/electric-vehicles-range-extender-engines/