MTN COLT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco Badlands
Country flag
I would absolutely love to drive down from Virginia to pick mine up and drive it back. What better of a way to get to know your vehicle?!

When I was in the military stationed in England, folks used to buy all the European cars from their respective country, pick it up at the factory, and drive them back to England. We bought a Volvo, flew up to Sweden, picked it up, and drove back to England with it. What an experience!

Noremac2007

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 2024 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Country flag
Blytheville is about 5.5 hours from me.. I would gladly make a day or two trip to go pick up at the factory.

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
Update: this article quotes Scout as saying that factory delivery will be available at the plant!

The brand plans to open Scout Experience Centers, and the first one will open at the company’s plant in Blythewood, S.C. It is being created as the front door of the plant, Thacker said, as well as a place for customers to take delivery, a starting point for factory tours and an off-road driving experience.​

Sounds like a great decision to me. Brands that have factory delivery programs seem to build more ownership loyalty and a community spirit in my opinion. And what better first experience with your new vehicle than to road trip home with it.

That's a ~1600 mile trip from the Scout production plant in Blythewood, SC. Perfect for a 2-3 day roadtrip home.

2 questions --
Think factory delivery will be free or charge a fee?
Will you guys be opting for factory delivery?
Will most definitely go to the factory for vehicle pickup in SC. It's just over 2 hours from my home in Charleston, SC.

Akovia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Highlander Hybrid, ‘24 Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Kia Niro EV, ‘16 Kia Soul EV
Country flag
Way back in 1976 we picked up our new International Scout at the factory in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The road trip back to N. Idaho was an adventure we still talk about! I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

zak

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
Country flag
Sounds like a cool experience. Blythewood is exactly 500 miles from me. Would be a good test for the Harvester 😅

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Ranger XLT, Jayco RV (Ford F53)
Country flag
I live in California, but have family in both Texas and Michigan, so a flight out and road trip back, worked for me depending on time of year. (Weather)

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Country flag
100% will be doing that. Spoke to my gf and she said let’s do it. Best part about doing things like that is the availability to explore new places. I’ve gone through SC but never ever explored it and neither has she it’s a win win in our books.

Trailguide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
I’m in SC… 100%. Just need to figure out how I drive both vehicles home at the same time.
I am in Columbia, SC…..literally 20 minutes away. If you or ANYONE are within an hour, I can help with picking you up if I don’t have an obligation that day.

Please EVERYONE, don’t think it’s too big of an “ask”, I’m happy to help!

Trailguide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
I will absolutely be at the facility for delivery of my Scout!

Being 20 minutes away, I would be foolish not to.

This is a WIN for everyone that is reasonably close by, the brand can hopefully pass on the savings to the consumer, and it could be a fun area for owners to build camaraderie!

If ANY owner needs picked up from the Columbia Metropolitan Airport and transported FOR FREE to the Blythewood facility, and I don’t have a competing obligation that day, I would be happy to be a unofficial, or official Scout ambassador to help ease any logistical issues.

Last edited:

Rouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
For anyone that has done factory delivery with a different vehicle, do they remove the destination fee because they don't have to ship the vehicle? Or do they leave all or part of it as a factory delivery fee to offset the cost of staffing and having a facility for delivery.

TallCanuck

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus IS350C, 2015 Jeep Gr,.Ch., 2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2022 Ford Bronco
Considering that I can see the construction site from my office... I think it's pretty safe to say t hat I will be taking delivery 2 miles up from my office. :)