Noremac2007

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 2024 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Country flag
I would be in for a bench.. provided its a 40/20/40 split.. and has cup holders.. thats my largest complaint of the broncos lol. I moved to a bronco from a 5th gen Ram where I had no joke like 12 spots to put a cup in the cab.

commadorebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Country flag
15 years ago, 100%. Today, I actually prefer having bucket seats with the center console. Wife and I get enough physical contact without the need for a bench seat. 😉

zyglyrox

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 bronco
Country flag
Yeah, this sold me on it. And then my wife on it. I had a work RAM2500 with the fold down center and it ruled on longer trips.

Bschurr

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Bronco Raptor
Country flag
While I like the IDEA of a front bench seat, the practicality for off-roading leaves a bit to be desired. A nice supportive bucket to ensure that you are planted and stable in the cockpit is important and a bench can’t provide that.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Rivian R1T, '19 Tesla Model 3P, '22 Energica Eva Ribelle
Country flag
I'm looking forward to the bench seat but I'm going to need a place for my beverage so I hope they think of an option that works, be it a fold down back with cup holders built into it, a cup holder that comes out of the dash, or something else that isn't obvious.

mklcolvin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2011 Honda Insight
Country flag
Would be a good option if they can pull it off. From what I remember the cybertruck was originally planned to have a bench seat option but crash/airbag regs nixed it. Something about middle passenger hitting their head on the screen in a front end collision. Maybe there was more it though
Thought the same thing. Also, there's no head rest for the middle passenger - that might end up being a safety no-no.

EazyT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1985 Suburban, 1998 Tracker, 1999 T/A, 2000 2500 Suburban, 2001 Firebird Formula
The SRA, Range Extender and ultimately front bench won me over. I hope it's available on the Traveler, it's not listed as an option on the site only the Terra shows it as a feature. Considering they are the same width and platform I hope the front bench isn't truck only. I have no need for the truck, have two 2500 Suburbans already 🤣 Front bench seats are awesome for dogs and comfort, sometimes you just need to stretch out. They are also great for photography and animal spotting! It's very promising for a vehicle to have real world uses in mind.

FL4Xe

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
15 years ago, 100%. Today, I actually prefer having bucket seats with the center console. Wife and I get enough physical contact without the need for a bench seat. 😉
It’s always nice to have the option though. Currently leaning towards the bench seat.

Treebeard

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Country flag
Curious how many members here plan to order front bench seating? I'm considering it myself though losing center console does lose some utility.

Lots of people have been asking for it for years on trucks but no manufacturer seems to want to offer it until now. Now that we have the option, I wonder what the take rate on it will be...

If you plan to get the front bench seat will it mostly be used to carry a passenger, dog or both?

Here's some good looks and description of the front bench seat - by TheDrive and TFL​
There looks to be a lot of legroom up there for all three passengers. It helps that there’s no transmission tunnel running down the middle. Also, since it’s an EV, nobody has to worry about the awkward reach when it’s time to shift into second gear.
It’s hard to know since these are still concepts with production not starting until 2027, but I believe I spy a full split between each chair. They could be independently adjustable and on the show model that’s displayed above, there are power controls on the side of the seats.
Scout didn’t say but judging by the in-person photos, that middle chair folds down. If that’s the case, then it’ll surely pull double-duty as a cupholder when no one’s sitting there. You can have your sweetheart sitting right beside you or a Big Gulp. It’s a win-win either way.

Looks like there's a storage drawer / tray with a handle underneath the middle bench seat also.

2024 scout ev front bench seat 8.jpg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 9.jpg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 3.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 2.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 1.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 7.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 5.jpeg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 6.jpeg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 4.jpeg

I would, I
Miss bench seats and dislike bucket seats because they are never wide enough and squish my hips.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Country flag
I haven't had a bench seat since the early 2000's. Count me in.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’21 Mach-E First Edition, ‘23 Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
It’s a nostalgic look … but unless you’re going to put a person there, it does not provide any other functional value.

I prefer the functional benefit I’ll get from the console.