Scout Fan

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIP Scout 80, '99 Wrangler Rubicon
Didn't see this info out there yet -- a Scout employee confirmed that a steel metal roof will be available and production models will also have roof rails (this was absent on the concepts). đź‘Ť

DaveM

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Great news about the steel roof version. The glass roof and retractable cabana top are nice options to give owners choices, but I would pick a standard metal roof if I was going to be hauling cargo on the roof top. Higher roof weight limit and also just less complex / prone to damage / easier to repair.

Timmdodge60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Country flag
Didn't see this info out there yet -- a Scout employee confirmed that a steel metal roof will be available and production models will also have roof rails (this was absent on the concepts). đź‘Ť
That is what I was hoping for. I also really like the tiedown loops built into the hood for tieing things down like canoes on a roof rack. I hope those stay in the production versions.

Melrose

First Name
Albrecht
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 2500HD
Country flag
That’s great news. A glass roof is visually a plus, but can bake your bean. Fabric, very cool, but probably noisier, plus….bears. If they didn’t have a solid steel roof option that would be a big negative for me.