Scout Fan

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIP Scout 80, '99 Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Didn't see this info out there yet -- a Scout employee confirmed that a steel metal roof will be available and production models will also have roof rails (this was absent on the concepts). đź‘Ť

They confirmed that the current plan is to have 3 roof types -- cabana, solid clear and steel roof options.

DaveM

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Great news about the steel roof version. The glass roof and retractable cabana top are nice options to give owners choices, but I would pick a standard metal roof if I was going to be hauling cargo on the roof top. Higher roof weight limit and also just less complex / prone to damage / easier to repair.

Timmdodge60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Country flag
Didn't see this info out there yet -- a Scout employee confirmed that a steel metal roof will be available and production models will also have roof rails (this was absent on the concepts). đź‘Ť
That is what I was hoping for. I also really like the tiedown loops built into the hood for tieing things down like canoes on a roof rack. I hope those stay in the production versions.

Melrose

First Name
Albrecht
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 2500HD
Country flag
That’s great news. A glass roof is visually a plus, but can bake your bean. Fabric, very cool, but probably noisier, plus….bears. If they didn’t have a solid steel roof option that would be a big negative for me.

OP
OP
Scout Fan

Scout Fan

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIP Scout 80, '99 Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Scout has confirmed that the current plan is to have 3 roof types -- cabana, solid clear and steel roof options.

commadorebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Country flag
Will there be an option to shade/tint the roof window? Deep south gets toasty in the summer and I'd be more inclined to get a solid roof.

popo_patty

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco, 22 Mini Jeep, 59 Willys FC-150, 96 Jeep XJ
Country flag
Will there be an option to shade/tint the roof window? Deep south gets toasty in the summer and I'd be more inclined to get a solid roof.
Roof windows are almost always tinted in some way or have a shade. You can always tint them in the aftermarket too

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag

They confirmed that the current plan is to have 3 roof types -- cabana, solid clear and steel roof options.
One possibility for roof rack is that the rack mounts along the frame edges. In that case, a glass roof or a retracting fabric roof wouldn't rule out the use of a roof rack. TBD. Photo.

Screenshot_20241027_184417_Chrome.jpg