NACS Charge Port Location

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
So it appears the NACS port is located on the driver's side rear of both vehicles. I don't currently own an EV but if you are trying to charge at a Tesla Supercharger isn't that location a particular PITA? Say what you will about TSLA and their founder (and believe me I could say a LOT, so don't get me started) the Supercharger network is at least one thing that they did really right and it's currently the most available and most reliable charging network around. Actual EV drivers, please correct me or offer pointers/tips on how folks deal with this. Is it as simple as backing into the charging space (I hope)? I only bring it up as I was recently reading an article/review from someone driving a non-Tesla EV (who mostly liked the vehicle) and they recounted the difficulties they faced at Supercharger locations trying to jockey for position. Like I say, not currently an EV driver and not trying to create a thing here, just genuinely curious after noticing this location choice on the Scout. Thanks! (put in a res on a Terra Harvester tonight, FWIW)

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Tesla vehicles have their charging port drivers side rear.
Vehicles with the port on a front fender above the wheel, or directly in front of the door have difficulty as well as vehicles with the port on the passenger side.

Hopefully by 2026/2027, other brands of charging stations will have added nacs cables. Although you can also use an adapter.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning; 2003 Mercury Marauder
Country flag
Driver side rear should be a good location when backing into a Tesla station; Tesla ports are in the same spot.