Autonomous Driving / Self-Driving on 2027 Scout EV?

Stumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Did I miss it or there was no mention of any autonomous driving level or self-driving functions? I assume the 2027 Scout EVs will have some autonomous driving capabilities (especially with the next 2-3 years of technological advancement in this area).

Should we assume that we'll get whatever Rivian's autonomous driving abilities may be in 2027?

Scout997

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Country flag
I was a bit surprised they didn’t mention anything on autonomous driving. Part of me wishes its because they‘re not going down the endless monetezation path. But that also assumes VW gave them $5B out of the kindness of their hearts. They want a return and monetization gets them that. The more sensors and cameras they add per vehicle the more expensive the MSRP needs to be.

Long story still long, I’d say it’s unlikely to get more autonomous driving features than what Rivian has today. My bet is software and telematics will be as close to Rivian Gen 2 vehicles as possible to keep costs low.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Rivian R1T, '19 Tesla Model 3P, '22 Energica Eva Ribelle
Country flag
Since they're leveraging Rivian's software, I suspect they'll get the Driver Assist functionality at least. It's not going to navigate a Costco parking lot or local side streets like Tesla's FSD, but for highway driving (which is where I rely on it most), it's pretty good.

OP
OP

Stumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
I assumed no when the CEO? mentioned no AI driving aids. But who knows.
Interesting... I'd be very surprised if they didn't have any driving aids at all on the Scout EV - not even something basic like lane keep assist or adaptive cruise control.

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 C10, 70 240z, 74 X1/9, 18 VW Alltrack, 22 Forester
Interesting... I'd be very surprised if they didn't have any driving aids at all on the Scout EV - not even something basic like lane keep assist or adaptive cruise control.
Automatic emergency braking and forward collision warning (adaptive cruise) are required in the US by 2029, and they will probably include lane assist in that as well. It will get really expensive if they don't include it from the get-go. And honestly, 2027 is probably optimistic, 2028/2029 puts them right up against the requirement.