Dimension -- 5" wider than a Raptor?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
I sure hope they reduce the width of this thing prior to production. According to this official diagram, it is 5 inches wider than the (very wide!) Ford Raptor. Really hoping this is an error, because such size would render it too big for proper off-roading.

1729820266515-lh.jpg

montgomery

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Land Rover Discovery
Country flag
I wonder if that’s body width or mirror width; would make a big difference.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I wonder if that’s body width or mirror width; would make a big difference.
From that image, the mirrors don't look to extend much past the fenders, if at all.

I did notice that it's wider then an f150 when I was looking at the truck dimensions.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
The original Scout was 70" wide. This is nearly two feet wider. That stopped me cold. I don't need another oversized vehicle. The Lightning is big enough as it is, and if the diagram is accurate, this thing is a foot wider.

montgomery

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From that image, the mirrors don't look to extend much past the fenders, if at all.

I did notice that it's wider then an f150 when I was looking at the truck dimensions.
The Bronco is published as 86.2” with mirrors, 75.9” without, a little over 10” difference. Assuming the Scout spec is WITH mirrors, I’d guess the actual body width of the Scout would be closer to 81”.

For reference the F150 Raptor is published as 86.6” without mirrors. Apples to apples.

montgomery

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, it looks like it’s about Toyota Sequoia sized based on all the measurements.

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
I sure hope they reduce the width of this thing prior to production. According to this official diagram, it is 5 inches wider than the (very wide!) Ford Raptor. Really hoping this is an error, because such size would render it too big for proper off-roading.

1729820266515-lh.jpg
Yes, 91.6" is the track width with 35" tires and the off-road package (it seems). That may be wider than the vehicle width at the waistband, w-w/o mirrors. I need more info. Scout seems longer (189.4 vs 207.9) and wider (86.2 vs 91.6) than a 4dr Bronco, but with a shorter wheelbase (116 vs 102.4)? At this point, I have no confidence that we're comparing apples to apples with these measurements. Regarding the Raptor width? Ford lists Raptor 85.7 wide, but track is 73.6"? Bronco stats chart below.

Screenshot_20241025_102053_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Probity

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Silverado 1500 WT CC, '23 Tucson SEL 2.5 gasser
Country flag

1729820266515-lh.jpg
I'm with you. Scout Motors needs to clear up this issue informationally (because if the 91.6" actually is a 'without mirrors' dimension that's breathtakingly massive and a problem). I've looked at all the photo rear/front/top views of both SUV and PU and it's not conclusive to me, although on top views it 'looks' like mirrors stick out some amount (unknown inches) from the body.

They need to provide width data on what current design parameters are, similar to the below for '24 F-150 Super Crew actual as-built specs:

1729865181700-si.jpg

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
I'm with you. Scout Motors needs to clear up this issue informationally (because if the 91.6" actually is a 'without mirrors' dimension that's breathtakingly massive and a problem). I've looked at all the photo rear/front/top views of both SUV and PU and it's not conclusive to me, although on top views it 'looks' like mirrors stick out some amount (unknown inches) from the body.

They need to provide width data on what current design parameters are, similar to the below for '24 F-150 Super Crew actual as-built specs:

1729865181700-si.jpg
It appears that the track width is the widest measurement on the Scouts, while the belt line or fenders is widest on Broncos . . . . But as you say, this is all very muddy and I have no confidence we're comparing accurate numbers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Country flag

1729820266515-lh.jpg
Yes, this is much wider than the original Scouts. However it is narrower than a Raptor if you include mirrors (96"), Scout body (91.6") does seems wider than the Raptor body (86").

LoneWolfo6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag

1729820266515-lh.jpg
Wow, 91.6” that has most all beat…don’t know how old this pic is but they are lacking. lol.

IMG_9059.jpeg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Country flag

1729820266515-lh.jpg
The original Scout was 70" wide. This is nearly two feet wider. That stopped me cold. I don't need another oversized vehicle. The Lightning is big enough as it is, and if the diagram is accurate, this thing is a foot wider.
Yes, this is much wider than the original Scouts. However it is narrower than a Raptors if you include mirrors (96"), body does seems wider than the Raptor body

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Country flag
If it's truly as wide or wider than a Raptor or Hummer EV then Scout would have to include the three amber lights to denote it as an over-sized vehicle in most states.

FYI - this is why the regular F-150 is only 79.9" wide. Anything over 80" needs the lights (not counting mirrors)

If you look at the prototypes the mirrors stick out WAY further than they do in that graphic so it's safe to assume that 91.6" is including mirrors. The graphic has comically small mirrors compared.

Screenshot_20241025_105102.jpg
1729820266515-lh.jpg