Dimension -- 5" wider than a Raptor?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
I sure hope they reduce the width of this thing prior to production. According to this official diagram, it is 5 inches wider than the (very wide!) Ford Raptor. Really hoping this is an error, because such size would render it too big for proper off-roading.

1729820266515-lh.jpg

montgomery

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Land Rover Discovery
Country flag
I wonder if that’s body width or mirror width; would make a big difference.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I wonder if that’s body width or mirror width; would make a big difference.
From that image, the mirrors don't look to extend much past the fenders, if at all.

I did notice that it's wider then an f150 when I was looking at the truck dimensions.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
The original Scout was 70" wide. This is nearly two feet wider. That stopped me cold. I don't need another oversized vehicle. The Lightning is big enough as it is, and if the diagram is accurate, this thing is a foot wider.

montgomery

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From that image, the mirrors don't look to extend much past the fenders, if at all.

I did notice that it's wider then an f150 when I was looking at the truck dimensions.
The Bronco is published as 86.2” with mirrors, 75.9” without, a little over 10” difference. Assuming the Scout spec is WITH mirrors, I’d guess the actual body width of the Scout would be closer to 81”.

For reference the F150 Raptor is published as 86.6” without mirrors. Apples to apples.

montgomery

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, it looks like it’s about Toyota Sequoia sized based on all the measurements.