Havrvester owners (future) here! Who's going EREV Electric + Gas Range Extender šŸ”‹ā›½ļø

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I've reserved both but with gas/electric. Anyone know if theres a third row in the Traveler?
It says seats up to 6, but there's a bench seat in front so that means 2 rows.
Looking at the press photos posted on several websites, I don't see that there is a third row seat and it doesn't look like the rear cargo area is large enough for one.

Jammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
So what would this look like in a Harvester? Drive 500 on gas and battery, refill the tank and make the last 200 on gas? That would work for me.
Unfortunately this wont help you at all. You'd still need to charge the battery to get more range.

The gas generator isn't connected to the drivetrain in any way. So it's really just an "Extender," which is how Scout is branding it. So think of the gas generator as just slowing down battery drain.

Waimea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco Badlands 2DR
traveler harvester reservedā€¦ā€¦hoping that tan interior makes the final specs

mataxis

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser and 2024 Grand Highlander
Unfortunately this wont help you at all. You'd still need to charge the battery to get more range.

The gas generator isn't connected to the drivetrain in any way. So it's really just an "Extender," which is how Scout is branding it. So think of the gas generator as just slowing down battery drain.
Darn. That was my fear, that Iā€™d have to charge again at 500. Itā€™s already SUCH a long tripā€¦ I just donā€™t think I can make it longer.

mackgriggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, r1s, model y
Country flag

Well...depends if the motor that Scout is putting in these can generate enough electricity to charge the battery more than the battery is currently using.

The Ramcharger, with its V6, also has the same question, with I think most people are guessing WILL be able to supply enough power to charge the battery than what the battery will be using, even towing. Though...maybe towing on flat highway, not up a steep incline.

If the generator does provide enough power, then yes, you could drive 500 miles, fill up on gas, and keep going the remaining 200 just on gas.

Though....500 miles is A LOT, like driving nonstop for 7 hours+ on the freeway. Most people would stop at least once, and during that time would fill up on gas for the generator. It would be nice, if there were options where you could selectively use the generator or not...to make sure that all the gas was gone before you wanted to stop (say, at 250 miles).

zyglyrox

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 bronco

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s correct thinking, I may be a beer or two deep tonight, but since the gas engine is solely there for the battery, and the battery is smaller as wellā€¦ I would like to assume 500 miles is the total range if you went solely from gas tank -> no charging -> gas tank ->then plug in for whatever sole EV range?

BradScout

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mav Truck
Yeppers. EREV would be ideal.
Itā€™ll be interesting to see how the Scout folks price the Harvester option.

TheShark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Country flag
Totally surprised when they announced the Traveler Harvester, it really is what sold me on putting in the reservation. Finally decent range.

evluvrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bronco raptor, rivians, cybertruck, jeeps
I mean...I reserved all 4 versions because...why not. Yes, most looking forward to a harvester terra. Our family is only EV right now, so would be nice to have 1 Ev version that we can use for long trips and not worry about superchargers or wasted time charging. (or...I can't even make it to some trailheads in my quad r1t)

The scouts look great....if they came out right now, or...2025. Across the board most specs are lower than something like my Rivians, unless they really keep true to their MSRPs. How are these going to look compared to competition in 2027?

I'm considering the Ramcharger to replace the r1t as our "roadtrip" or get to a trailhead vehicle. I'm not looking forward to ...owning a RAM or something that feels like it comes from a legacy car manufacturer. At least the scout looks more Rivian than volkswagen. But.......we are talking 2027....a ramcharger is 2025. And....700 mile range vs 500. Though still lots of unknowns. Like, harvester battery size and tank size, how it splits the 500 miles between EV/gas, etc. Like the Ramcharger is 145/550 miles ev/gas......what is the harvester? 250/500? Unknown.

A bigger EV to gas ratio would be nice...since in pure EV mode around town, a bigger battery will mean better sportiness/acceleration. I'm very worried about the Ramcharger EV only sluggishness. Even with the generator on, its only 4.5s 0-60.

Anyway, lots of unknowns but....exciting times to live in!
You must live far from the trailhead if you need 700 miles of rangeā€¦ I reserved the ramcharger too but Iā€™m not sold on having gas sitting around in my garage for occasional use. It makes the garage stink and the generator likely burns dirty. My Jeep 4xes create an absolutely horrendous smell when the engine kicks on and it sounds so obnoxious. 500 miles of range just doesnā€™t seem necessary with the proliferation of charging infrastructure over the next few years. If this has 800 V architecture it shouldnā€™t take that long to charge. In my Ioniq 5 I nearly never have enough time to just use the bathroom or eat when we stop.

OGScoutII

First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Yes, Iā€™m in! Reserved the Terra Harvester. Big surprise for me and what made it a definite yes. Hoping to buy (not lease) so I donā€™t worry too much taking it off-road (like I do with my current precious hybrid vehicle!)

LoneWolfo6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
300-500 miles is not true to conditions.

Charged my Model 3 up to 330 miles and drove 65 MPH for total 150 miles with headwind and hills and it had 8 miles remaining when I arrived at next super charger?! Talk about range fear.

Another example, put a 5x8 trailer on my Ford Lightning and switched to tow mode, and trip computer shot down to 75 miles remaining range from 220 when placed in drive?!

krs71

First Name
Krish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
whether RAM Charger or Scout Harvester, will the gas engines require standard oil changes? didn't like RAMs implementation since they were putting in a V6 to charge the 92 Kwlt battery.

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
Harvester Traveler SUV pre-ordered! Who else? I'm sooo stoked we got an EREV option. Didn't even expect that as a possibility... I'm dizzy with delight right now šŸ˜µ

Did anyone here expect Harvester EREV as a possibility? Maybe the rumor was out there but I just wasn't paying attention enough.
There was one review article pre-reveal that wrote about the possibility of a generator. It sold me, although I want to learn more. How does it work? Why doesn't the generator make the range infinite if I wait long enough for a generator charge? How big is the gas tank? The reveal said vaguely that the engine replaces some battery space, meaning the Harvester model has a smaller EV battery (it seems). What does that mean in battery capacity in a generator equipped model? Fascinating! And, HOW MUCH $ WILL THE GENERATOR COST!?