Factory delivery is "very likely"... will you take trip to Scout plant in SC for it?

DaveM

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Jamie a rep from Scout Motors recently confirmed that factory delivery for our Scout EVs "is something we are actively exploring. Short answer is very likely. :D"

Sounds like a great decision to me. Brands that have factory delivery programs seem to build more ownership loyalty and a community spirit in my opinion. And what better first experience with your new vehicle than to road trip home with it.

That's a ~1600 mile trip from the Scout production plant in Blythewood, SC. Perfect for a 2-3 day roadtrip home.

2 questions --
Think factory delivery will be free or charge a fee?
Will you guys be opting for factory delivery?

Golfguy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK
Country flag
That's great news! Reminds me of BMW's Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, SC.

This won't just be pick up your Scout and leave kinda experience. There's gonna be a "Scout Experience Center" at the Scout factory that will will offer off-road driving experiences and factory tours. So that could all be tied into a factory delivery experience.

Now I'm super jealous of the east coast people that are much closer to SC! For sure if I was closer it's how I'd want to take delivery.

Macallan 18

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Country flag
Yesss sign me up! All of it - the delivery, off-road course, tour, etc.

That's an easy one day road trip for me (sorry @Golfguy)

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Rivian R1T, '19 Tesla Model 3P, '22 Energica Eva Ribelle
Country flag
I'm in NY, so that's an easy trip for me - I'll do it if offered.

jhscout

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Tesla MYP
Country flag
I would absolutely choose the factory delivery! I haven’t done a delivery at a factory for a car but I was able to go see my MasterCraft Prostar going down the line last fall and it was an amazing tour and experience.

Scout3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1980 Scout II
Country flag
Corvette buyers can do factory delivery. Ive had a couple of vettes but never bought one new. The people who did the factory delivery rave about it. It’s a 2 day drive to SC for me but I would do it for the Scout if they make it a great experience.

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco Wildtrak / 2023 Explorer ST Line
Country flag
I’d absolutely do this as well. Count me in.