DaveM

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Check out this slide from the Scout reveal about manufacturing and portfolio expansion. The covered vehicle definitely looks like it could be a 2-Door Scout EV!

Source: https://www.theautopian.com/scout-might-be-planning-a-2-door-convertible-4x4-and-also-a-3-row/

While at the Scout reveal in Nashville, I spotted on one of the manufacturing-presentation slides a little nugget about portfolio expansion.
2027 scout motors ev 2-door convertible.jpg
I reached out to Shaheen Karimian, head of product marketing at Scout (and one of the most legit car enthusiast there is), to ask about the decision to go with a hardtop on the Traveler given how big of a deal convertability is in the Jeep Wrangler/Ford Bronco space. Here’s what he told me:
It is true a smaller subset of customers are saying they want that removable roof experience….Doesn’t mean we can’t do one in the future, on say a vehicle with fewer doors and a shorter wheelbase.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
I like the idea of a convertible but, after owning a Wrangler, I think I would prefer the cabana top. That said, I'm likely to just get a hard top (assuming its available) and avoid the risk of leaks. A leaky top was one of the drawbacks of owning a Wrangler IMO.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Country flag
As the article mentioned, " If that two-door comes with the range-extender option, I’d be tempted to choose it over the Traveler I just preordered. Because a two-door Extended-Range EV with a tailgate, a rear spare tire carrier, a solid axle, and a bench seat is the Grail of Grails. "

I don't give a damn if the top/doors are removable. I would prefer that they don't.

Mousehunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250,, LJ, Golf TDI, Tacoma
Country flag
Probably a small enough following that it will never be done - but a few people might like a third option - the extended 2 door. Jeep has done them several times over the years - but never for long. To me, the LJ (TJ Unlimited-the only 2 door Unlimited) was the perfect sized Jeep. A couple more inches to make the back seat more usable, and a couple more inches to give a usable cargo area - but still about 1' shorter than the 4 door unlimited.

volswagn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
I like the idea of a convertible but, after owning a Wrangler, I think I would prefer the cabana top. That said, I'm likely to just get a hard top (assuming its available) and avoid the risk of leaks. A leaky top was one of the drawbacks of owning a Wrangler IMO.
I've owned 2-door Wranglers for 40 years and often swap between hard top and soft top. I have never had a leak. I've always used the OEM hardware, tops, frames, etc. Have I just been lucky?

In reference to the OT, if they add a 2-door EV to the lineup, I'll be switching out my Traveler EV registration in a heartbeat. I'm nursing along my '12 JK with 140K miles on it and all I really want is an EV Wrangler, or I did until Stellantis started up with their ridiculousness in regard to price hikes and layoffs even though they're still raking in billions in profit. Was originally going for the R3X, but the Scout won me over with the buttons, body-on-frame, overall philosophy.