Stumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Looks nice and seems responsive. Glad to see Range Extender can be disabled and turned off with just a tap.

Wonder why they didn't bother previewing some of it during the reveal presentation.

Besides Pet Mode, Camp Mode, Night Mode, what do you guys think the other two modes are (at 8 and 11 o'clock positions) ?

2027 scout ev modes.jpg

Ready4Rivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 22 Bronco Badlands
Country flag
I hope the frunk hood gets faster before release. That was painfully slow.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Country flag
Looks nice and seems responsive. Glad to see Range Extender can be disabled and turned off with just a tap.

Wonder why they didn't bother previewing some of it during the reveal presentation.

Besides Pet Mode, Camp Mode, Night Mode, what do you guys think the other two modes are (at 8 and 11 o'clock positions) ?

2027 scout ev modes.jpg
I’m assuming a performance and eco mode?

Carnutdallas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t have enough space! 2023 MSP, 2023 Bronco Heritage and 15 more
Country flag
Dog mode is best part of my Tesla and why I drive it :cool:
Really excited about the Scout. Definitely sell the Tesla to drive it!

Djbryan14

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Discovery TD6 HSE lux; MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Also, a 4 step process to open the trunk is a bit much. Swing open the tire carrier, open the top lift gate, open the bottom tailgate, and lower the inner lower tailgate/ trim. I wonder if there'll be an optional alternative placement for the spare tire. That's the best placement for true off-roaders but there's no way most people will be able to get access to the trunk while the cars in the garage. A Defender 90 swing tailgate wouldn't open all the way with my garage door closed. I was able to halfway open it to access the trunk, but in the Scout, you'll have to swing the tire carrier all the way or at least most of the way open before you can open the lift gate.
The interior materials look quite good, and the drivers door closed with that satisfying vault-like *clank* you get in a G class. 👌🏻

Loweguy5

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT, 1989 Corvette, 2017 VW e-Golf, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
Yeah the frunk hood on my Lightning positively flies up and down compared to this! I'm assuming it's very reproduction and they will iron that out before consumer release.

Lakesinai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2121 Bronco OBX, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2011 Subar
Country flag
Also, a 4 step process to open the trunk is a bit much. Swing open the tire carrier, open the top lift gate, open the bottom tailgate, and lower the inner lower tailgate/ trim. I wonder if there'll be an optional alternative placement for the spare tire. That's the best placement for true off-roaders but there's no way most people will be able to get access to the trunk while the cars in the garage. A Defender 90 swing tailgate wouldn't open all the way with my garage door closed. I was able to halfway open it to access the trunk, but in the Scout, you'll have to swing the tire carrier all the way or at least most of the way open before you can open the lift gate.
The interior materials look quite good, and the drivers door closed with that satisfying vault-like *clank* you get in a G class. 👌🏻
It's all a compromise and set of trade offs. Bronco got rid of the separate tire carrier, making the opening action one-step, but the solution of attaching the tire to the tailgate means it must be a side-opening tailgate, which eliminates the sit-in tailgate . . . A full-size spare is the gold standard. If it's stored on end in the back, takes up lots of space (Excursion did that, but its wider). Store under the car, it's a PITA to get at when needed (f150, nothing worse than crawling underneath the car on a rainy night), and lowers ground clearance too much. The old Broncos had a separate tire carrier and tailgate, it was convenient and I got used to it. New Broncos work well as well, in both vehicles, the spare is there for the using when needed.

Mousehunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250,, LJ, Golf TDI, Tacoma
Country flag
I like knowing that dog and camp mode are planned for. Night mode could be nice too, abet I am curious what it will actually entail - I have almost considered doing a blackout mode on my LJ (for driving off road (my ranch) with night vision).

My LJ currently has a 3 part opening - unlatch and swing tire, open hatch up, swing gate open. It is annoying, but a better option than breaking the gate hinge. The LJ was designed for 28" tires, putting a 33" on it adds a bit of weight. I had 35" on it when I purchased it, but that lost articulation and could not be geared correctly without replacing the front axle. I can live with the 4 part - and honestly I have to question if the little bridge is absolutely necessary (but also note that I get a LOT of junk falling in that crack with my F250 when hauling limbs in it).

I have wondered if the frunk has room for a spare tire in it. Most people would prefer the extra storage probably - but there might be times...

James Lancaster

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model y, ford f150, jeep wrangler
Country flag
The solid rear axle is a reminder this is an off roader like a wrangler or a Bronco. 35 inch off road tires are too much for a gate. My wrangler has a similar aftermarket system.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Limestone, 21Inch
Country flag
... and lower the inner lower tailgate/ trim.
Pretty sure this is just because it's a prototype. There's a video of the pickup tailgate where that trim isn't even attached at all - just a loose piece that the guy had to put in place. The final trim will almost certainly be automatic just like in a Rivian.