OleScout

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 Scout 800, 17 Tacoma Sr5, 23 Heritage Bronco
Country flag
Per the official Scout website, posted on the community forum.

Scout EV reveal.jpg

Here’s the text of an email sent out by Scout about the reveal:

Fans, Friends, and Followers,​
They say the best things come to those who wait. After two years of dreaming big and pushing boundaries, we’re ready to show the world the next generation of Scout vehicles. On October 24, 2024 – 44 years after the last Scout II™ rolled off the line – we’ll officially reveal our new Scout SUV and truck concepts.​
While you won’t see a lot of teasers or taillights from us between now and October 24, here’s what I can tell you. Like the originals, you’ll know a Scout vehicle when you see one. A bold, iconic design featuring multifunctional spaces for gathering and connection. Built for work and play, our new Scout SUV and truck will be rugged, capable, and versatile. They have to be in order to credibly don the Scout badge. And with real tactile controls and real feel, they’ll meet the needs of Americans on the road and way off.​
Building not only cars but a company and factory from the ground up can certainly feel like a herculean task, but what we’ve learned these past few years is quite simple. When you put American ingenuity back to work, anything is possible. We couldn’t be prouder to create American jobs and produce this awesome connection machine that will bring people together and closer to the experiences that mean the most to them.​
If you’ve ever owned, driven, or even seen a Scout truck, you know it’s so much more than a vehicle or brand. It’s a way of life. Cheers to the remarkable community that has kept the hardworking scout spirit alive for decades and all the makers, doers, and everyday explorers. Our new Scout vehicles are for you.​
October 24 can’t come soon enough!​
Scott Keogh​
President & CEO, Scout Motors​

NYR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Exciting stuff and a long time coming! SUV will be 4-door only or possibly 2-door model as well?

Lucky Logan

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Model X
Country flag
Exciting stuff and a long time coming! SUV will be 4-door only or possibly 2-door model as well?
No 2-door expected. It would have been teased as part of the concept drawings already. Although that'd be real cool as there's no 2-door SUV EV on the market currently

OP
OP

OleScout

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 Scout 800, 17 Tacoma Sr5, 23 Heritage Bronco
Country flag
Don't rule.out as battery technology improve that a 2 door won't be become available

Lucky Logan

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Model X
Country flag
Looking forward to trading the X for a more rugged SUV. Waiting for bated breath (and praying) for removable top and/or doors. And rolldown rear window too please :)

nacho.diesel

First Name
memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 supertruck gladiator
Country flag
looks interesting my CT has been a terrible ownership experience but id strongly consider one for a DD. My offroad needs are beyond what this could do but I think EVs make fun dailys

Golfguy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK
Country flag
YESSS finally! Hopefully the concepts revealed will be pretty close to production.

Golfguy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK
Country flag
looks interesting my CT has been a terrible ownership experience but id strongly consider one for a DD. My offroad needs are beyond what this could do but I think EVs make fun dailys
Curious what's been disappointing with your Cybertruck?

Trailguide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
As long as the Scout has ample power (400ish TQ/HP) along with a stereo that would please an entry level audiophile, has “microphoned” motors for auditory feedback like Porsche EV’s do, and have 4-5 cameras for Birds Eye view (or navigating tight parking or trails)

Scout…….COUNT ME IN.

I am non-negotiable on the power, if it doesn’t outperform a Jeep Wrangler 4Xe…..I will wait until it hopefully does.

Will owners be able to see their Scout be built in the Columbia/Blythewood assembly line (I live in Columbia, and would love a tour)🙂

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW X4
Country flag
As long as the Scout has ample power (400ish TQ/HP) along with a stereo that would please an entry level audiophile, has “microphoned” motors for auditory feedback like Porsche EV’s do, and have 4-5 cameras for Birds Eye view (or navigating tight parking or trails)

Scout…….COUNT ME IN.

I am non-negotiable on the power, if it doesn’t outperform a Jeep Wrangler 4Xe…..I will wait until it hopefully does.

Will owners be able to see their Scout be built in the Columbia/Blythewood assembly line (I live in Columbia, and would love a tour)🙂
Doubtful. Safety rules and whatnot. Even Hershey Foods which used to allow viewing actual production of Kisses has had fake viewing for decades

Trailguide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
I get ya.

I’ll stay optimistic till I find out otherwise .
New Volvo owners or lessees get a free round trip ticket for 2 to Sweden, I am pretty sure regardless of wherever in the world you buy that new Volvo at. It’s good for their Countries tourism, and Volvo. With Charleston, SC not far, and Columbia is in a state of Renaissance growth that it hasn’t seen in generations, that could be a symbiotic relationship that everyone wins on.
Even if it allows just US folks to do a tour (as I believe it to be US market only, I think) and see some of the good parts of the state of South Carolina. Contrary to even my own stereotypes of the state before I moved here via the military over 10 years ago, there is a lot of culture…..and it’s not all about segregation, as some people would try to polarize people to think. Just the base of Ft. Jackson alone has 5 military museums on the installation.

Ultimately, Scout……please be sure that bugger of a vehicle has that 400 hp/tq or higher. Other things can come, as the brand makes its way back.