Havrvester owners (future) here! Who's going EREV Electric + Gas Range Extender 🔋⛽️

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4wd-mod.com
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Country flag
Hmm, I don't remember that in the unveiling event (and just rewatched that part of the video and it doesn't seem like the number is shown)....where did you get that info on 56:44?

I could have sworn..that this article ->

https://insideevs.com/news/738669/scout-traveler-terra-revealed/

Last night stated that it they received a pre-release article that stated the harvester was 150mile range on battery, and the rest gas, though...Its not there anymore. It does show the article was edited today to remove the "quad motor variant" so maybe they weren't supposed to release that 150 mile data.

If it is 150 mile data, that would be right in line with the ramcharger doing 145 miles on battery and the rest in gas. With the scout being 500 mile range vs 700 ramcharger, I assume that just means a smaller gas tank in the scout.

So many questions though. In the reveal vid, they showed the harvester having the generator in the back of the SUV. Maybe the same with the truck? If so, that means the terra harvester still might keep the frunk? What about the spare tire? Or maybe they have the generator in the frunk area like the ramcharger? (I doubt that though...I would assume they would keep the two platforms as similar as possible)

Well...actually, next year once the ramcharger comes out. I am assuming the ramcharger and harvester are going to perform about the same with how they handle being a EREV.
I'm most likely wrong as I assumed 280 miles of EV range before the generator kicks in. The reality may be quite different with the generator being able to be started before max EV range is achieved and in fact with a smaller battery bank in the Harvester, we don't know exactly what the Harvester EV-only max range is. We also don't know the size of the Harvester fuel tank. Even with all the unknowns, I applaud Scout Motors for embracing the hybrid option in this form and hope it works out well.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
I reserved both a Terra and Traveler Harvester. I may change my mind on getting the range extender but, for now, I would like that 500 miles or range. It's possible that I trade in my Rivian for a Terra and get a Rivian R3X instead of the Harvester but that kinda depends on Rivian getting the R3 into production.

SteveG

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1961 Scout 80, 1978 Scout Selective Edition, 2018 Mazda Miata
I mean...I reserved all 4 versions because...why not. Yes, most looking forward to a harvester terra. Our family is only EV right now, so would be nice to have 1 Ev version that we can use for long trips and not worry about superchargers or wasted time charging. (or...I can't even make it to some trailheads in my quad r1t)

The scouts look great....if they came out right now, or...2025. Across the board most specs are lower than something like my Rivians, unless they really keep true to their MSRPs. How are these going to look compared to competition in 2027?

I'm considering the Ramcharger to replace the r1t as our "roadtrip" or get to a trailhead vehicle. I'm not looking forward to ...owning a RAM or something that feels like it comes from a legacy car manufacturer. At least the scout looks more Rivian than volkswagen. But.......we are talking 2027....a ramcharger is 2025. And....700 mile range vs 500. Though still lots of unknowns. Like, harvester battery size and tank size, how it splits the 500 miles between EV/gas, etc. Like the Ramcharger is 145/550 miles ev/gas......what is the harvester? 250/500? Unknown.

A bigger EV to gas ratio would be nice...since in pure EV mode around town, a bigger battery will mean better sportiness/acceleration. I'm very worried about the Ramcharger EV only sluggishness. Even with the generator on, its only 4.5s 0-60.

Anyway, lots of unknowns but....exciting times to live in!
when did 4.5 0-60 acceleration become classified as sluggish🤔😁?

mackgriggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, r1s, model y
Country flag
when did 4.5 0-60 acceleration become classified as sluggish🤔😁?
Yeah..I totally get you...its just having model y performances or r1t quads for the past 4 years have really spoiled me. And actually....with my rivians I am almost always in all purpose mode so don't even have the 3.0s 0-60 like I would in sport mode...it probably is closer to 4.5s anyway.

I would be totally fine with 4.5s 0-60....but to get that, I would have to run the generator. What I'm worried about is the acceleration in EV only mode which I would be in probably 98% of the time.

SteveG

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1961 Scout 80, 1978 Scout Selective Edition, 2018 Mazda Miata
I have no idea. Scout Motors is being pretty tight lipped about the Harvester. Perhaps rightly so. The bigger question is can the reservation be cancelled and the $100 refunded?
the reservation can be cancelled and your money refunded up to the time you actually order your Scout.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Country flag
The Harvester option is the only thing I needed to place a reservation.