Golfguy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JK
Country flag
Saw @DaveM's Harvester EV+Gas thread so thought us Electric only people should have a thread too :) So who put order deposit down on the Electric only model and why'd you forgo the Gas Range Extender option?

I still plan to keep an ICE vehicle around even into 2027 when the Scouts will hit the market, so figured I've got both bases covered anyway.

Throttle_Dweebs

First Name
Niko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
If it gets anywhere near 300 miles or range, and the 800v architecture works out, I am staying EV. I currently own a standard range Mach-E. Its been great so far, I am sure I can make this work.

Manapua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Powerwagon, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
I live on an island, only so far I can go and I don’t tow. All EV will suit my needs.

Scouty

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Fisker Ocean Ultra
Country flag
Went EV only because of the tesla adapter. Not sure that we will all be hitting the overlanding trails with either full EV or gas extender in 2026. Gas I think is still king of off road.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning; 2003 Mercury Marauder
Country flag
EV only works for me. Its still more range than my standard range Lightning which has been plenty (most of the time). The faster charging will resolve any potential range issues for me.

Of course I could change my mind when the full specs are out... A built in backup generator doesn't seem like a bad idea but need to see how much cargo space is lost, what it adds for weight, and what the service needs are. In my perfect world it would be removable!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I reserved full EV. The gas motor is going to add costs complexity and maintenance for something that I'd probably need once or twice a year (If that).
I will tow a horse trailer and a camper so the range anxiety is real, but I don't think I'll really need the range extender.
Additionally it's going to reduce payload and possibly even towing capacity.

bburk00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y performance
Country flag
We’ve been full EV since 2020. Have had absolutely no issues with it. We live in PA and regularly drive to SC to visit my mom and stepdad.

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT
If it gets anywhere near 300 miles or range, and the 800v architecture works out, I am staying EV. I currently own a standard range Mach-E. Its been great so far, I am sure I can make this work.
This. I have a mache GT and rarely need to hit level 3 chargers. Combine it with the fact it will have NACS and 800v no reason. Also the gas one according to elecktrek is only 150 miles ev.....No thanks.

Hoping they do the heat pump from the start too

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Full EV here as well. I think the range expressed is probably not at the $60K price. but I will be fine with 240 mile range if I have access to superchargers.

Anyone knows if you have to do emission test with range extender?

The things I liked about this SUV is full size spare and about the company stating they respect privacy and the right to repair.

What I am curious is that the product seem to be mostly redundant with Rivian R2. I wonder if the two companies will be merged since Rivian is burning cash fast.

evluvrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bronco raptor, rivians, cybertruck, jeeps
Full EV here as well. I think the range expressed is probably not at the $60K price. but I will be fine with 240 mile range if I have access to superchargers.

Anyone knows if you have to do emission test with range extender?

The things I liked about this SUV is full size spare and about the company stating they respect privacy and the right to repair.

What I am curious is that the product seem to be mostly redundant with Rivian R2. I wonder if the two companies will be merged since Rivian is burning cash fast.
Rivian will hit production first and have a lower price point. This product is aimed more at the Jeep and Bronco crowd with the lockers, solid axle, and sway bar disconnect. None of these features are available with Rivian let alone bumper mods and open roof etc.

evluvrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bronco raptor, rivians, cybertruck, jeeps
When you consider the challenges involved in transitioning from gas to EV, it makes sense to introduce PHEV or EREV. However, this approach can lead to prolonged confusion about best practices.

I think most people won’t need the gas extender and charging infrastructure will likely be dramatically better in 2027 than now. The main benefit would be for towing or prolonging a stay far from a charger but it’s hard to say how big that demographic is. Out in Moab I see fully loaded overlanders and camper vans staying at hotels and airbnbs all the time 🤣🤦‍♂️