Stumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Curious how many members here plan to order front bench seating? I'm considering it myself though losing center console does lose some utility.

Lots of people have been asking for it for years on trucks but no manufacturer seems to want to offer it until now. Now that we have the option, I wonder what the take rate on it will be...

If you plan to get the front bench seat will it mostly be used to carry a passenger, dog or both?

Here's some good looks and description of the front bench seat - by TheDrive and TFL​
There looks to be a lot of legroom up there for all three passengers. It helps that there’s no transmission tunnel running down the middle. Also, since it’s an EV, nobody has to worry about the awkward reach when it’s time to shift into second gear.
It’s hard to know since these are still concepts with production not starting until 2027, but I believe I spy a full split between each chair. They could be independently adjustable and on the show model that’s displayed above, there are power controls on the side of the seats.
Scout didn’t say but judging by the in-person photos, that middle chair folds down. If that’s the case, then it’ll surely pull double-duty as a cupholder when no one’s sitting there. You can have your sweetheart sitting right beside you or a Big Gulp. It’s a win-win either way.

Looks like there's a storage drawer / tray with a handle underneath the middle bench seat also.

2024 scout ev front bench seat 8.jpg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 9.jpg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 3.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 2.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 1.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 7.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 5.jpeg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 6.jpeg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 4.jpeg

Last edited:

killaz05

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
I am definitely interested in the bench seat but I will wait until everything is closer to production to see what changes. I am pretty sure the middle of the bench seat comes down to reveal an arm rest and cup holders. It just looks slightly offset from the rest of the seat.

If I got the bench seat it would definitely be for my dog. It is still a concept, so I expect a lot of this to change as things get worked out. I just hope the bench seat is something that makes it to production and not just something shown in a concept.

Last edited:

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT
Im thinking about it but it needs a fold down console and enough cup holders.
Ditto. More details and I could be intrigued. Having my dog up there sounds like a fun way to go or just the utility of an extra seat

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Alltrack
Country flag
Curious how many members here plan to order front bench seating? I'm considering it myself though losing center console does lose some utility.

Lots of people have been asking for it for years on trucks but no manufacturer seems to want to offer it until now. Now that we have the option, I wonder what the take rate on it will be...

If you plan to get the front bench seat will it mostly be used to carry a passenger, dog or both?

Here's some good looks and description of the front bench seat - by TheDrive and TFL​
There looks to be a lot of legroom up there for all three passengers. It helps that there’s no transmission tunnel running down the middle. Also, since it’s an EV, nobody has to worry about the awkward reach when it’s time to shift into second gear.
It’s hard to know since these are still concepts with production not starting until 2027, but I believe I spy a full split between each chair. They could be independently adjustable and on the show model that’s displayed above, there are power controls on the side of the seats.
Scout didn’t say but judging by the in-person photos, that middle chair folds down. If that’s the case, then it’ll surely pull double-duty as a cupholder when no one’s sitting there. You can have your sweetheart sitting right beside you or a Big Gulp. It’s a win-win either way.

Looks like there's a storage drawer / tray with a handle underneath the middle bench seat also.

2024 scout ev front bench seat 8.jpg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 9.jpg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 3.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 2.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 1.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 7.jpg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 5.jpeg
2024 scout ev front bench seat 6.jpeg

2024 scout ev front bench seat 4.jpeg

I love the idea but don’t love losing the console utility-phone chargers, cup holders, storage, etc.

Probity

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Silverado 1500 WT CC, '23 Tucson SEL 2.5 gasser
Country flag
Bench seat availability is one of the features that attracted me. It's strange - my current ride is a base level trim (Work Truck) '24 Silverado 1500 that has a bench seat and that's one reason I bought it. For me it's 90% ergonomics reason (I'm old, back/leg issues, on longer trips need to stretch/shift my right leg w/cruise on to work out kinks, can't do it w/a console) and 10% for those rare occasions I'll want true 6-person carry capacity.

A little weird that a bench front may end up being an 'extra cost' option but it is what it is........

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Country flag
I love the option. It's great for a dog to lie with its head in your lap! Also great for wife and a kid to both be in front for adventures.

Hard to lose that great console, though.

We'll see.