chartno3

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Overall, I'm pleased with the announcement. I was worried about it going too retro and I feel there is a good balance. I put in my reservation!

BranGol

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2022 Bronco, 2022 Lexus GX, Sold:91’ Defender 90 (2 sold) 57’ Toyota FJ
The Rivian is a great adventure truck. This looks better.
Unfortunately when it visually looks like this, the specs are largely irrelevant. Aesthetically, which is the first point of interest for almost everyone, this is a run of the mill SUV that could easily be mistaken for a Hyundai, Rivian, or Toyota.

BranGol

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2022 Bronco, 2022 Lexus GX, Sold:91’ Defender 90 (2 sold) 57’ Toyota FJ
Overall, I'm pleased with the announcement. I was worried about it going too retro and I feel there is a good balance. I put in my reservation!
I’ve not heard any gearheada worried about it being “too retro!” That is literally the goal of reviving something that is an iconic classic.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Country flag
Unfortunately when it visually looks like this, the specs are largely irrelevant. Aesthetically, which is the first point of interest for almost everyone, this is a run of the mill SUV that could easily be mistaken for a Hyundai, Rivian, or Toyota.
Most vehicle purchases are about passion for the design.

evfanboy

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S,MME,MY
Nothing matters more than ride quality. Everything else is just an “add-on”. Auto manufacturers should look up to Porsche, Lexus and BMW. They know how to make real good cars that ride well and are comfortable

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Country flag
To the Scout development team: Great job on hitting so many important marks. Body on frame, single rear axle, range extending gas option, notable number of NON-software gimmick features (e.g. mechanical locking differentials, lots of physical buttons and switches to name a few things). Also that you are aiming to make this vehicle 80% serviceable by the customer (so important).

I am a Jeep guy and will say it would be cool to have a 2 door option with SFA down the road.... but as a startup, I recognize this is not economically feasible at the beginning. Best of luck in the next 2 years making this a reality. Hope you sell a lot of these!

Macallan 18

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
To the Scout development team: Great job on hitting so many important marks. Body on frame, single rear axle, range extending gas option, notable number of NON-software gimmick features (e.g. mechanical locking differentials, lots of physical buttons and switches to name a few things). Also that you are aiming to make this vehicle 80% serviceable by the customer (so important).

I am a Jeep guy and will say it would be cool to have a 2 door option with SFA down the road.... but as a startup, I recognize this is not economically feasible at the beginning. Best of luck in the next 2 years making this a reality. Hope you sell a lot of these!
Hear, Hear from another Jeep guy! 🍻

There hasn't been another vehicle with this many boxes checked, pretty much ever (especially if we're talking about Harvester EREV model)