Trailguide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
Candidly, the new Jeep in the pics looks completely forgettable.

Scout should have no problem taking Stellantis/Jeeps money on this one......provided that HP/TQ numbers beat the EV Jeep by 50 or more.

Jeep's fanbase has consistently been gouged well over MSRP for generations for about $3,000-$5,000 mark up over MSRP in 2024 as THE NORM.

With it confirmed that VW dealers will NOT be selling Scout EV's, it will at least be optimistic that value will be had for the future Scout owner if it is something that cuts out the middle man saving an owner at least that amount from go.

I feel Scout will have a "Soul to the Machine" as well......something that Rivian does well along with Porsche EV's. Yet Tesla still struggles in this area.

The technological novelty of EV's is gone......so to build in this area, perhaps mike the motors as Porsche Ev's do (for auditory feedback), and have some functional heat dissipation with vents and aerodynamics paired with throwback graphics.......something that premium Bronco's and aftermarket stripe kit companies are capitalizing on.

I am SUPER happy as a Columbia resident to see how this is evolving. While I generally NEVER buy a first model year of ANY vehicle (I let NON-enthusiasts do that) I will if Scout beats the Jeep EV in the performance numbers.....all while being less expensive in all probability.

Its probable that Scout will be hard to buy initially such as the case with Cybertruck, and Rivian, but that is where a pre-order on my end will be a work around.