Exterior Colors for 2027 Scout Traveler and Terra?

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Country flag
Anyone have info on what colors will be offered at launch?

I hope its something more than black/white/red/silver.

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Anyone have info on what colors will be offered at launch?

I hope its something more than black/white/red/silver.
As long as it isn't like so many other makers where after black and white there's 3 shades of silver and 5 shades of grey. Definitely have NO desire for matte, give me a nice bright glossy blue please.

Reactions: JP1
OP
OP
ALVagabond

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Country flag
You're probably safe; hydro blue has been offered on Wranglers and Gladiators for a while.

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
You're probably safe; hydro blue has been offered on Wranglers and Gladiators for a while.
I have Velocity Blue on my Bronco, but that's no guarantee that Scout will offer a similar option; they seemed quite proud of that Terra having a matte finish, FWIW.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have Velocity Blue on my Bronco, but that's no guarantee that Scout will offer a similar option; they seemed quite proud of that Terra having a matte finish, FWIW.
Matte finish on an off-road truck...no thanks. There's nothing protecting that paint. You have to use special soap to wash it. And you have to clean it very often. It's going to get ruined if you're actually using your truck.

Matte paint looks great, but a matte finish clear wrap is a much better option for a truck that's not just a grocery getter.

OP
OP
ALVagabond

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Country flag
Matte finish on an off-road truck...no thanks. There's nothing protecting that paint. You have to use special soap to wash it. And you have to clean it very often. It's going to get ruined if you're actually using your truck.

Matte paint looks great, but a matte finish clear wrap is a much better option for a truck that's not just a grocery getter.
The matte finish looks nice, but I don't want anything that requires babying. My 2020 Gladiator has flat paint and it's low maintenance. In fact, I don't think I've ever washed it.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The matte finish looks nice, but I don't want anything that requires babying. My 2020 Gladiator has flat paint and it's low maintenance. In fact, I don't think I've ever washed it.
The gladiator has a normal clear coat. Search for matte finish care instructions from Bmw or for the Hyundai ioniq 5.
Unless Scout is going to be using a different process for the finish, there's no way I'd go for it.
It's very pretty but it is NOT durable.