What vehicle are you replacing / trading in for Scout EV?

Macallan 18

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Country flag
Always interesting to see what vehicle people may be replacing. So what will you guys be replacing with the Scout EV? My Gladiator has mostly been trouble free but lately starting to throw some error codes and random stuff. So if my reserved Terra comes in around the estimated pricing, it'll be replacing my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Looking forward to the increased towing capacity and payload 🙌

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If the final production model is skinnier than the concept vehicle, we might replace our Mustang Mach-E with the Scout Traveler. By 2028, we should have around 120,000-150,000 miles on the Mustang and could be ready to replace it.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning lariat, 24 xc90 recharge
Country flag
Be replacing my 22 lightning lariat. I figure by the time the terra comes out the lightning will be ready for trade in

Mousehunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250,, LJ, Golf TDI, Tacoma
Country flag
None. It will just be added to the fleet and become the new daily driver. All of our vehicles are gaining mileage, and having a new daily driver will slow that down. We will be downsizing the fleet gradually as our kids leave home (they will get to take one with them-I don't believe in giving kids new cars).

ih800a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 Scout 800a, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Country flag
This is where I'm torn: I love my Gladiator, and if I keep that, I'll get the Traveler. Otherwise, I'll get the Terra to replace the truck capabilities. Or I convince my wife to replace her Cherokee with the Traveler, but then less seat time in the Scout for me! Or I convert the 1970 800A to electric... Seems like the only for sure thing is I'll need to play the lottery to fund these things!

MnLakeBum

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron GT, ‘22 Bronco, Range Rover
Country flag
It’s hard to predict with delivery 2.5+ years away but likely I’ll just add it to the fleet. I love the acceleration(611 hp) and comfort of my Audi E Tron GT as a daily driver and I can’t imagine letting my Bronco go for the $20k trade in value it will have in 2027. I don’t drive the Bronco a lot but it’s perfect when I need it for hunting, off-roading, or just a snowy Minnesota winter day.

Loweguy5

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT, 1989 Corvette, 2017 VW e-Golf, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited
Likely a replacement for my wife's 21 Wrangler Unlimited gas. We already have a Lightning which is love and with as few miles as I put on it I have no reason to think it will be ready to replace. I reserved a full EV Traveler and from early responses it looks like the majority are going with the Harvester so I'm thinking I may be fairly quick to get it once production starts. I'm excited!

bburk00

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y performance
Country flag
Our Tesla MYP, was planning on replacing it in 2026 with a Rivian. Now I'll just wait for the Traveler.

bburk00

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y performance
Country flag
Likely a replacement for my wife's 21 Wrangler Unlimited gas. We already have a Lightning which is love and with as few miles as I put on it I have no reason to think it will be ready to replace. I reserved a full EV Traveler and from early responses it looks like the majority are going with the Harvester so I'm thinking I may be fairly quick to get it once production starts. I'm excited!
I'm hoping they start with the full EV also, I haven't seen anything specific except for they are doing the Traveler first then 7-8 months later starting on the Terra.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford bronco
Country flag
Sounds like you just got it. Disappointed with it or the Scout just checks more boxes?
I love the bronco, but the mileage is complete crap which I knew from the beginning. With the scout it checks all the boxes of the Bronco and can use both gas and electric. If the scout didn't have the open top I wouldn't consider it. It's the thing I love most about the bronco. The scout just seems like a bronco + 😂. Now if ford had done what they are doing with the scout that would be a different story, but let's be realistic, ford will be late to the game.

jhscout

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Tesla MYP
Country flag
Originally, our plan was to keep the Expedition and trade the MYP for the scout…. Now, with the size of the scout and the production timeline estimates, we are going to use our Rivian R2 reservation to replace the MYP and trade the Expedition for the Traveler! We don‘t need 2 full sized SUV and with the Harvester option, no range issues while towing the boat. Win Win