ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Country flag
My guess is your hope will come true. Concepts are almost always more tech-y and minimalist than the actual production versions which have to account for cost and practicability.
[/QUOTwell
My guess is your hope will come true. Concepts are almost always more tech-y and minimalist than the actual production versions which have to account for cost and practicability.
Well I got my fingers crossed. Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I really hope they move to a more mechanical-feeling "shifter" or at the very least, for the column shift lever I already see in the concept vehicles, make it a shifter that doesn't return back to the same position by default. Meaning, if I pull it down to put it in drive, it stays down until I shift back into park or neutral and if I shift into reverse, it stays up, until I put it in park or neutral.

It might seem like an inconsequential nitpick, but what that little skeumorphism does for muscle memory and unconscious awareness for your vehicle's drive state can't be understated. It makes a big difference and they wouldn't have to change much, other than the detent mechanism and maybe some pcm logic.

JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T
Country flag
I'm surprised at the width at 91.6". I thought any vehicle over 80" in body width had to have DOT front and rear marker lights like the F150 and Bronco Raptor and the Tundra TRD Pro. Seems wide even mirror to mirror.

1729908819294-9n.jpg

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Country flag
It’s wide. I did a comparison with a raptor and they are similar. The difference is the height. It’s lower than a raptor but the hood is similar height. Width is similar and that may limit its appeal. Having owned a raptor for some time, you have to make choices with car parks, car washes and drive throughs. It literally won’t fit.