smrpilot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Silverado 3500 HD, FJ-40
Country flag
Hoping they are planning on allowing these to be flat towable. And/or even chargeable while being flat towed like the first Pre production Rivians were (I don't know if they still are). I love the bumper design tow points, we flat tow our Bronco with the similar design tow points on the modular bumper, it's so simple and easy without additional tow adapters.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Ranger XLT, Jayco RV (Ford F53)
Country flag
This would a huge plus for us, I currently flat tow my Ranger with our RV. Love towing it to Moab or the like then hitting the trails.

DaveM

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
The new Scout EVs are brimming with practical utility features, I'd be surprised if they didn't of designing them for flat towing! They'll be sizeable heavy vehicles to tow though. Wonder how much vehicle weight we're talking about 🤔

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Ranger XLT, Jayco RV (Ford F53)
Country flag
The new Scout EVs are brimming with practical utility features, I'd be surprised if they didn't of designing them for flat towing! They'll be sizeable heavy vehicles to tow though. Wonder how much vehicle weight we're talking about 🤔
That is the only sticking point, I am thinking most EV's are on the heavy side for flat towing, my Ranger is only 4200 lbs, well within the 7000 lb tow hitch on my RV.

OP
OP

smrpilot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Silverado 3500 HD, FJ-40
Country flag
That is the only sticking point, I am thinking most EV's are on the heavy side for flat towing, my Ranger is only 4200 lbs, well within the 7000 lb tow hitch on my RV.
Yeah the EV's tend to be on the chunky side. Probably a bit much for the gasser class A's, but we also used to pull our 2dr Bronco with the gasser as well. It's 5,300# before it's used as a cargo trailer when being flat towed. We've upped our game to a diesel super c now, so I'm not too worried about that part. Now just if they'll come in under the 8k rating of our tow bar. And have a built in braking system for flat towing.