midnightscavenger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Honda CRV Hybrid Sport Touring
I was really looking forward to this, but I felt a bit underwhelmed. I think part of it might have been the presentation and presenters itself. It was missing something, but I can't figure out what it is. It just felt a bit flat and lacked true genuine excitement. I kept thinking to myself if the Scouts were presented differently or by someone else, would I have liked it more? Or was it just the Scouts itself that felt underwhelming? I'm really trying to like it and was thinking I would reserve one before I saw the presentation, but now I will have to wait and see.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Epic Fail!! If I wanted a Rivian I would by another one.:CWL:
According to the dimensions published currently, the Terra is quite a bit longer than the Rivian r1t. Twelve inches longer overall with thirteen inch longer wheelbase. The traveller is about the same size as the R1S, but the Rivian has a third row seat.

BranGol

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2022 Bronco, 2022 Lexus GX, Sold:91’ Defender 90 (2 sold) 57’ Toyota FJ
Underwhelming to say the least. It looks like a Rivian with a Dodge Challenger grill. Also, the angle of the windshield isn’t upright enough to give the classic look. Ford did a nice job preserving the heritage of the new broncos with the straight lines and hard corners, this is too rounded and looks like every other mid sized SUV out there. The Scout was such an iconic truck :/

BranGol

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2022 Bronco, 2022 Lexus GX, Sold:91’ Defender 90 (2 sold) 57’ Toyota FJ
I was really looking forward to this, but I felt a bit underwhelmed. I think part of it might have been the presentation and presenters itself. It was missing something, but I can't figure out what it is. It just felt a bit flat and lacked true genuine excitement. I kept thinking to myself if the Scouts were presented differently or by someone else, would I have liked it more? Or was it just the Scouts itself that felt underwhelming? I'm really trying to like it and was thinking I would reserve one before I saw the presentation, but now I will have to wait and see.
It’s the Scout itself IMHO. I was really looking forward to this and it looks like a typical mid sized SUV put out by Hyundai, Rivian, or Toyota.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It’s the Scout itself IMHO. I was really looking forward to this and it looks like a typical mid sized SUV put out by Hyundai, Rivian, or Toyota.
It will be interesting to see what the overall reaction to the styling will be and if they make any tweaks. There's still over a year till production. Although I don't see it changing drastically, they could still revise things.

BranGol

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It will be interesting to see what the overall reaction to the styling will be and if they make any tweaks. There's still over a year till production. Although I don't see it changing drastically, they could still revise things.
One can hope! This has zero feel of the classic icon. It’s way to rounded and not boxy

Fes

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover - Rivian R1S on order
Country flag
I couldn't agree more. So spot on. This brand won't have the same energy and emotion we see with Rivian where RJ built the company from the ground up. The CEO of Scout and Chief Designer certainly seem capable but they won't ever have what Rivian does. I love the looks inside and out of the Scouts. I own an R1S Gen 1. I'll likely put a reservation down just for options but this all seemed to lack to genuine feel. It came off forced.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I couldn't agree more. So spot on. This brand won't have the same energy and emotion we see with Rivian where RJ built the company from the ground up. The CEO of Scout and Chief Designer certainly seem capable but they won't ever have what Rivian does. I love the looks inside and out of the Scouts. I own an R1S Gen 1. I'll likely put a reservation down just for options but this all seemed to lack to genuine feel. It came off forced.
Ya, it definitely feels like they are having to force the heritage angle a bit hard. Granted the Scout doesn't have the brand recognition of a Ford Bronco or a VW Bus.
The modern design on the new VW Bus is also a huge step away from the original, but it feels like there's a lot more nostalgia for that vehicle.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model S, Porsche Cayman, Ram 1500 Limited, former R1S owner
Should have learned from Rivian not to locate the front center air vents low. They need to be high on the dash (see many other vehicles). Otherwise the air blows on your arm right arm and never gets to your face. This is poor engineering.

evluvrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bronco raptor, rivians, cybertruck, jeeps
Epic Fail!! If I wanted a Rivian I would by another one.:CWL:
This is very different from Rivian. Solid axle, sway bar disconnect, lockers, open roof, bumper mods, etc. if you know Rivians you should know this is more Bronco than Rivian.